Air Conditioner Repair Service | City Air Toronto
One of the most common problems which require an air conditioner repair is the improper operation of the AC unit. If your air conditioner is on, be sure to close your home’s windows and outside doors. For room air conditioners, isolate the room or a group of connected rooms as much as possible from the rest of your home.
Other common problems with existing air conditioners result:
- faulty installation, poor service procedures, and inadequate maintenance.
- Improper installation of a central air conditioner can result in leaky ducts and low airflow.
- Refrigerant charge (the amount of refrigerant in the system) does not match the manufacturer’s specifications. If proper refrigerant charging is not performed during installation, the performance and efficiency of the unit is impaired.
- Electric control failure, compressor and fan controls can wear out, especially when the air conditioner turns on and off frequently, as is common when a system is oversize. Because corrosion of wire and terminals is also a problem in many systems
- air conditioners feature a thermostat sensor, located behind the control panel, which measures the temperature of the air coming into the evaporation coil. If the sensor is knocked out of position, the air conditioner could cycle constantly or behave erratically
- Drainage problems, when it’s humid outside, check the condensate drain to make sure it isn’t clogged and is draining properly
- Unqualified service technicians often fail to find refrigerant charging problems or even worsen existing problems by adding refrigerant to a system that is already full.
If you are replacing an older or failed split system, be sure that the evaporator coil is replaced with a new one that exactly matches the condenser coil in the new condensing unit. (The air conditioner’s efficiency will likely not improve if the existing evaporator coil is left in place; in fact, the old coil could cause the new compressor to fail prematurely.)
Hire a qualified and experienced technician for your air conditioner repair